Cream cheese and nuts add a complex element to the flavor of these Olive-Almond Triple Stacks. Pictured with Cucumber-Ham Canapés.
Olive-Almond Triple Stacks
- ¾ cup bright green pitted olives, such as Castelvetrano
- ⅓ cup salted, roasted whole almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 slices very thin wheat bread
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine olives and almonds, pulsing until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese and pepper, pulsing until olives and almonds are finely chopped and mixture is creamy and well combined.
- Spread a generous layer of cream cheese mixture onto 2 bread slices. Stack on top of each other, cream cheese side up. Top with a third bread slice to make a triple-stack sandwich. Repeat with remaining bread slices and cream cheese mixture.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 finger sandwiches.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time, up to an hour.