These Olive-Cheese Puff-Pastry Flowers are a delicious and charming addition to any afternoon tea menu. Olive-Cheese Puff-Pastry Flowers pictured with Curried Egg Salad Triple Stacks and Turkey-Apple Tea Sandwiches.
Olive-Cheese Puff-Pastry Flowers
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 6 (1-inch) cubes fontina cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 teaspoons jarred Italian olive salad
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 2¼-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut 12 flowers from puff pastry sheet. Using a 1-inch round cutter, cut out and discard centers from 6 flowers. Stack a cutout flower on top of a whole flower, and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat for remaining flowers. Press edges together using a fork.
- Place a cheese cube in the center of each flower.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisking well to make an egg wash. Using a pastry brush, brush tops of flowers with egg wash.
- Bake until flowers are puffed and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Fill wells evenly with olive salad.
- Serve warm.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: A day ahead, cut out and assemble puff-pastry flowers, and place on prepared baking sheet. Cover baking sheet well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Fill with cheese, and brush with egg wash just before baking.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!