These Olive-Cheese Puff-Pastry Flowers are a delicious and charming addition to any afternoon tea menu. Olive-Cheese Puff-Pastry Flowers pictured with Curried Egg Salad Triple Stacks and Turkey-Apple Tea Sandwiches.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 6 (1-inch) cubes fontina cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 teaspoons jarred Italian olive salad
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 2¼-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut 12 flowers from puff pastry sheet. Using a 1-inch round cutter, cut out and discard centers from 6 flowers. Stack a cutout flower on top of a whole flower, and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat for remaining flowers. Press edges together using a fork.
- Place a cheese cube in the center of each flower.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisking well to make an egg wash. Using a pastry brush, brush tops of flowers with egg wash.
- Bake until flowers are puffed and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Fill wells evenly with olive salad.
- Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!