These Olive-Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches are delightful in any season. Olive–Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches pictured with Mandarin Orange & Cashew Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches and Watermelon, Pancetta & Pistachio Canapés.
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 thin slices white bread
- 8 thin slices wheat bread, frozen
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together olives and oil until coarsely chopped. Using a rubber spatula, scrape sides of bowl. Add goat cheese, rosemary, and pepper, pulsing just until combined.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread 1 tablespoon olive mixture onto 8 frozen white bread slices and 8 frozen wheat bread slices. Stack a wheat bread slice on top of an olive spread-covered white bread slice. Cover with remaining frozen white bread slices to make 8 triple-stack sandwiches.
- Using a long, serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 2 (approximately 3×1-inch) rectangles. Cover with damp paper towels, and let thaw before serving.
- Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!