Cream cheese blended with chopped olives and pecans makes for a lovely spread in this recipe for delicious finger sandwiches.
Olive-Pecan Finger Sandwiches
Yield: 12 sandwiches • Preparation: 20 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted black olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 12 slices very thin whole wheat sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Wheat
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and cream. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add green olives, black olives, and pecans, stirring until incorporated.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto a bread slice. Top with another bread slice, and spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with a third bread slice. Repeat with remaining cream cheese mixture and bread slices.
- Using a serrated knife, trim and discard crusts from all sides of sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into thirds to yield 3 finger sandwiches.
- • Cream cheese mixture can be made a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container until needed. Let come to room temperature before using. Sandwiches can be assembled earlier in the day, covered with damp paper towels, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated until serving time.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/