An olive spread and crunchy pretzel crackers make an easy-to-put-together tea sandwich in Olive-Pecan Pretzel Butterflies.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped black olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 30 pretzel chips, such as Keebler Town House Pretzel Thins
- ⅓ cup fresh chives or matchstick carrots
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and cream. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add green olives, black olives, and pecans, stirring to combine.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture to a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip (Wilton #12). Pipe onto top sides of 15 pretzel chips. Top each with another pretzel chip, top side up. Referring to photograph above for placement, insert 2 chives or 2 matchstick carrots into filling to form antennae. Trim chives and carrots to desired length.
From TeaTime, July/August 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!