Filled with a delectable Orange Whipped Cream, these lovely Orange Cream Brandy Snaps are a delicious dessert to serve for the sweets course of afternoon tea. Orange Cream Brandy Snaps pictured with Mini Ginger Carrot Cakes.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon brandy*
- Orange Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar, butter, and corn syrup over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Remove from heat. Add flour mixture and brandy, stirring until incorporated.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, spoon 6 rounded portions onto each prepared baking sheet 4 inches apart.
- Bake, one batch at a time, until cookies have spread, are lacelike, and are golden brown around the edges, 8 to 9 minutes. Let cool on pans until firm enough to lift with a thin-edged spatula, approximately 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula and working quickly, lift each cookie from pan; wrap around ¾-inch-diameter wooden spoon handles. Let set before removing from handle, approximately 10 seconds. If cookies harden before shaped, place back in oven for 1 minute to soften. Repeat as needed. Let cool completely.
- Place Orange Whipped Cream in a piping bag fitted with an open-star tip (Wilton #1M). Place tip in center of each cookie, and slowly fill with Orange Whipped Cream. Turn cookie, and repeat with other side. Serve immediately.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a day until ready to fill.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat together cream, orange zest, and orange juice with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until doubled in volume. Use immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!