This scrumptious Orange Flan is a sweet treat for teatime.
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon orange extract, divided
- ½ cup hot caramel topping* Garnish: orange curls
- Position rack in bottom third of oven, and preheat oven to 350°. Place 1 (9-well) mini brioche silicone mold in each of 2 (13×9×2-inch) baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla bean paste, and ½ teaspoon orange extract until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together caramel topping and remaining ½ teaspoon orange extract. Divide caramel mixture among wells of molds, filling each one-fourth full. Top each with milk mixture, filling wells completely. Carefully fill each baking dish with ½ inch water, ensuring water reaches halfway up molds.
- Bake until edges are set and centers jiggle slightly, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool completely in baking dishes. Remove from water baths, and freeze for at least 12 hours. Unmold, and let thaw before serving.
- Garnish with orange curls, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!