Rye bread with caraway seeds, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, spicy brown mustard, and spring mix lettuces combine to create delectable Pastrami-Swiss Tea Sandwiches.
- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ⅓ cup spring mix lettuces
- 8 ultra-thin slices pastrami
- Using a serrated knife, cut and discard crusts from bread slices, creating a perfect square. Cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles. Cover bread with damp paper towels, or place bread in a resealable plastic bag to prevent drying out while preparing other ingredients.
- Cut cheese into 8 triangles, the same size as bread triangles.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard, stirring well.
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise-mustard mixture onto each bread triangle. Top each of 8 bread triangles with a cheese triangle. Cover cheese layer with lettuces. Fold each pastrami slice in half, then in half again, creating a triangle, and place on top of lettuces, trimming pastrami as needed to fit bread triangles. Top each with a remaining bread triangle, mayonnaise side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
From TeaTime May/June 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!