This refreshing Peach Sorbet is the perfect sweet ending to your afternoon tea.
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- ½ cup diced peeled fresh peaches
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and vanilla bean paste to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In the container of a blender, blend together sugar mixture and thawed peaches until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into the container of an electric ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Sorbet will be soft.) Fold in fresh peaches. If a firmer texture is desired, spoon sorbet into an airtight container, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish individual servings with mint, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!