The combination of peach slices and vanilla creates delicious flavor in Peachy Vanilla Bean Scones.
Peachy Vanilla Bean Scones
- 2¼ cups cake flour
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1½ cups diced frozen peach slices
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add peaches, tossing until combined. Add ¾ cup cold cream, sour cream, and vanilla bean paste, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 24 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cold cream.
- Bake until scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!