Graham cracker crumbs, creamy peanut butter, bittersweet chocolate morsels, and roasted peanuts combine to create mouthwatering Peanut Butter–Chocolate Bars. Pictured with Maple-Bacon Fudge.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Garnish: chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Spray foil lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, ½ cup peanut butter, and melted butter, stirring well. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- In a microwave-proof medium bowl, combine chocolate morsels and remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter. Heat at medium power in a microwave oven at 1-minute intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Using an offset spatula, spread chocolate mixture over crumb base.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate until set before cutting into bars, approximately 4 hours. Using foil overhang as handles, lift from pan. Peel off and discard foil, and place on a cutting surface.
- Using a long sharp knife and pressing in a downward motion, cut into 1x2-inch bars.
- Serve immediately, or place in an airtight container with layers separated by waxed paper and refrigerate until needed.
From TeaTime May/June 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!