These Peanut Butter–Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for any time of the year.
Peanut Butter–Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: approximately 55
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- ½ cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until soft and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating to blend.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, whisking well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Add peanuts and chocolate morsels, stirring to blend.
- Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Using a levered 2-teaspoon scoop, portion dough and drop into sugar, turning to coat evenly.
- Place sugar-coated dough on prepared baking sheets. Dip a fork in sugar, and press each cookie, making a cross-hatch design.
- Bake until edges of cookies are light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
From TeaTime May/June 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!