A classic sandwich is transformed into a charming Christmas savory for kids in Peanut Butter & Jam Tea Sandwiches. Peanut Butter & Jam Tea Sandwiches pictured with Mini Cheese Pizzas and Raspberry-Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches.
- 24 slices wheat sandwich bread, frozen
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup seedless strawberry jam
- Garnish: black currants
- Using a 2-inch gingerbread man–shaped cutter, cut 48 shapes from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. Cover bread with damp paper towels, and let thaw to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, stir together peanut butter and honey until combined. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip (Ateco #803). Pipe approximately ½ tablespoon peanut butter mixture onto each of 24 bread shapes, following the gingerbread man shape.
- Place strawberry jam in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip (Ateco #802). Pipe approximately ½ tablespoon jam onto each of remaining 24 bread shapes, following the gingerbread man shape.
- Pair jam-filled bread shapes with peanut butter mixture–filled bread shapes to make 24 sandwiches.
- Garnish with currants, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!