These Peanut Butter Scones have so much nutty flavor, you’ll want to serve them with grape jelly.
Peanut Butter Scones
Yield: 19 scones • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 20 minutes
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup peanut butter morsels
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add peanut butter morsels, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine 1 cup cream and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring to combine. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is uniformly moist.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 2½-inch triangular cutter, cut 19 shapes from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Garnish tops of scones with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime, July/August 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!