These Peanut Butter & Toffee Ooey Gooey Bars are a simple and delicious dessert for teatime.
Peanut Butter & Toffee Ooey Gooey Bars
Serves: 24 bars
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1 cup toffee bits, divided
- Garnish: sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, butter, and 1 egg with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2 eggs, beating until well combined. Fold in peanut butter chips and ½ cup toffee bits.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cake mix layer in pan. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup toffee bits over cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, garnish with sifted confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Cut into squares.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!