Cinnamon-raisin bread featuring blue cheese, pears, and walnuts drizzled with honey is an ode to fall.
- 1 (4-ounce) container blue cheese crumbles
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 12 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- 1 quart water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 red Anjou pears, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, cream cheese, and walnuts, stirring to blend.
- Cut each bread slice in half lengthwise. Spread cheese mixture onto each piece.
- In a medium bowl, combine water and lemon juice. Add pear slices. Drain slices completely. Top each canapé with 3 slices.
- Garnish with walnut halves, honey, and cinnamon sugar, if desired.
From TeaTime, September/October 2011
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!