Pear Crumble Bars
Serves: approximately 25
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (11-ounce) jar pear preserves*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with baking spray with flour; line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, granulated sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, salt, and ginger with a wooden spoon until crumbly. Press half of mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Using an offset spatula, spread pear preserves over bottom crust. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over pear preserves.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a long knife between parchment paper and pan. Carefully remove from pan, and discard parchment. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing into 1½-inch squares.
- Place in an airtight container with layers separated by wax paper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*We used Braswell’s Pear Preserves.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!