The rich flavors of butter, brown sugar, and toasted pecans melt in your mouth in this lovely gluten-free scone.
Yield: 15 scones • Preparation: 10 minutes • Bake: 20 minutes
Write a review
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ½ cup butterscotch morsels
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add butterscotch morsels and pecans, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Add vanilla extract to cream, stirring to combine. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until a dough forms. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is uniformly moist.)
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tops of scones with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until light golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- *For testing purposes, we used Gluten Free Pantry all-purpose flour (glutino.com). Using another brand may yield different results. Sift or whisk flour before measuring.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/