These Pepperoni-Soppressata Tea Sandwiches are a savory treat layered with provolone cheese, soppressata, pepperoni slices, and olive tapenade on Italian bread.
- 7 large slices Italian sandwich bakery bread
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 18 slices soppressata*
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 1 recipe Olive Tapenade (recipe follows)
- Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut 36 rounds from bread.
- In a medium nonstick sauté pan, toast bread slices on both sides over high heat. Set aside.
- Using the same cutter, cut 18 rounds from cheese.
- Spread ¼ teaspoon mayonnaise onto one side of each bread round. On each mayonnaise-coated side of 18 bread rounds, layer a soppressata slice, a pepperoni slice, and a provolone slice. Top cheese with ½ teaspoon Olive Tapenade each, and place another bread round, mayonnaise side down, on top. Secure with a frilled pick.
- Serve immediately.
- *Soppressata is a dry Italian salami. It can be purchased in the deli-meats section of most grocery stores.
- 1⁄4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In the work bowl of a food pro- cessor, combine olives and capers. Pulse until nely chopped. Add shallot and lemon juice, stirring to blend. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!