Pesto-Chicken Tea Sandwiches pictured with Corned Beef & Cabbage Canapés.
Pesto-Chicken Tea Sandwiches
- 2¼ cups fresh arugula
- 1 (0.75-ounce) package fresh basil
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 16 slices white bread
- In the container of a blender, place arugula, basil, oil, cheese, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth. Transfer pesto to a large bowl; stir in chicken.
- Spoon ¼ cup chicken pesto onto 8 bread slices. Cover with remaining bread slices to make 8 sandwiches. Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 (3×1-inch) rectangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until serving time.