Delicate and delicious, these Petite Caramel-Chocolate Tartlets are sweet balance of chocolate, vanilla, and dulce de leche flavors.
Petite Caramel-Chocolate Tartlets
Write a review
- 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 24 (1.75-inch) mini tartlet shells*
- 1 (13.4-ounce) can dulce de leche (caramel)*
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: Wilton Sprinkles Gold Sugar Pearls, CK Products Edible Glitter Flakes Metallic Gold, Wilton Gold Pearl Dust
- Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped chocolate.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine remaining chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream, and heat in a microwave oven, according to package directions, stirring to combine. Divide melted chocolate among tartlet shells. Refrigerate until chocolate has cooled, approximately 30 minutes.
- Place dulce de leche in a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip (Wilton#12), and pipe into each tartlet shell, filling level with edges.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining 1½ cups cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed with a mixer until thickened.
- Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton#1M), and pipe a rosette onto each tartlet.
- Sprinkle tartlets with reserved 1 tablespoon chopped chocolate.
- Just before serving, garnish tartlets with sugar pearls, glitter flakes, and pearl dust, if desired.
- *We used Clearbrook Farms Shortbread Tart Shells and Nestlé La Lechera Dulce de Leche.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/