Quiche is always a delicious savory to serve for teatime and these scrumptious Petites Ham and Cheese Quiches satisfy guests for afternoon tea without fail. Petites Ham and Cheese Quiches pictured with Lamb Puff Pastry Roulades.
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust dough (2 sheets)
- ½ cup finely grated Jarlsberg cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray 17 (2-inch) round tartlet pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper rounds.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrust dough sheets. Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 17 rounds from dough. Transfer each round to a prepared tartlet pan, pressing into bottom and up sides. Using the wide end of a chopstick, gently press dough into indentations in sides of pans. Trim excess dough. Place tartlet pans on a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. (This will help prevent shrinkage during baking.)
- Prick bottoms of tartlet shells with a fork to prevent puffing while baking.
- Bake tartlet shells until light golden brown, approximately 7 minutes. Let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Divide cheese evenly among tartlet shells.
- In a large measuring cup with a pouring spout, whisk together cream, egg, thyme, salt, and pepper until blended. Divide mixture evenly among tartlet shells. Sprinkle evenly with ham.
- Bake until centers of quiches are set, approximately 14 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Carefully remove quiches from pans. Serve warm or at room temperature within 2 hours.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!