Pickle-and-Pimento Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups finely chopped roast chicken breast
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet salad cube pickles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices firm whole wheat sandwich bread
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, mayonnaise, celery, pimiento pepper, pickles, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a thick layer of chicken salad onto 3 bread slices. Top each with a remaining bread slice to make 3 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches, creating a perfect square. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 triangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
Make-Ahead Tip: Chicken salad can be made one day in advance, stored in a covered container, and refrigerated.