Baby portabella mushrooms filled with a cheesy pine nut and sundried tomato mixture will tempt teatime guests to enjoy more than just one.
Pine Nut & Sundried Tomato–Stuffed Mushrooms
- 18 baby portabella mushrooms, stemmed
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Garnish: pesto and fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Arrange mushroom caps, smooth side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together pine nuts and sundried tomatoes until finely chopped. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs, pulsing until combined.
- Spoon approximately 2 teaspoons pine nut mixture into wells of mushroom caps.
- Bake until filling is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with pesto and fresh basil, if desired. Serve warm.
Make-Ahead Tip: Filling can be made several hours in advance, stored in an airtight container, and refrigerated. Fill and bake mushrooms just before serving.