These Pineapple-Almond Thumbprint Cookies are delightful with a robust cup of black tea. Pictured with Peanut Butter–Swirled Brownies.
Pineapple-Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup finely ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup pineapple preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, and almond extract, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almonds, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop batter 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Using a finger, gently make an indentation in center of cookie. Fill centers with ¼ teaspoon pineapple preserves.
- Bake until edges of cookies are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, separating layers with wax paper.