These delectable Pineapple-Coconut Scones taste just like summertime in the tropics.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold salted butter, cubed
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ⅓ cup minced toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add pineapple and coconut, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cold cream and vanilla extract. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring until evenly moist. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead dough 3 to 4 times. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 2¼-inch round cutter, cut 14 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cold cream.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
Recommended Condiments: Devon Cream, Lemon Curd