These Pink Peppercorn–White Chocolate Candies with Strawberries are pretty and delicious.
Pink Peppercorn–White Chocolate Candies with Strawberries
Yield: 11 candies • Preparation: 30 minutes • Refrigerate: 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons whole pink peppercorns
- 6 whole strawberries
- 2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, such as Ghirardelli
- Garnish: edible fresh flowers*
- Place a 12-well fluted silicone mold† on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Coarsely grind pink peppercorns with a mortar and pestle, or place peppercorns in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and tap with a rolling pin or meat mallet to crush. Set aside.
- Slice strawberries into 11 (1-inch- square) pieces. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave oven according to package directions. Add 1 teaspoon ground peppercorns, stirring to blend.
- Sprinkle a small amount of remaining peppercorns into wells of prepared mold. Fill wells three-quarters full with melted white chocolate. Push 1 strawberry piece into white chocolate, approximately halfway down. Add more melted white chocolate, if needed, to make level with top of well. Smooth to create a level surface. Cover chocolates with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chocolates have hardened, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chocolates have hardened, invert mold, and push candies out, fluted side up. Place on a serving plate, and let come to room temperature before serving.
- Garnish with edible flowers, if desired.
†We used a Silikomart silicone briochette mold, which is available at
From TeaTime March/April 2014
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!