These charming Pink Ribbon Meringues are a wonderful and delicious way to display support for those affected by breast cancer. Pink Ribbon Meringues pictured with Raspberry Shortbreads and Strawberry-Almond Madeleines.
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring
- Garnish: pink pearlized sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 200°. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together egg whites, coconut extract, and cream of tartar at medium speed until foamy, approximately 2 minutes. With mixer on high speed, add sugar in a slow, steady stream, beating until glossy stiff peaks begin to form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add desired amount of food coloring, and beat until combined, approximately 30 seconds.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a medium open star tip (Wilton #32). Pipe 50 (2½-inch-long) pink ribbon meringues 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake until meringues are set and dry, approximately 2 hours. Turn oven off, and let meringues remain in oven with door closed for 1 hour. Store in airtight containers at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!