Smoked salmon and horseradish add extra flavor to a delightful savory in Piquant Salmon Tea Sandwiches. Piquant Salmon Tea Sandwiches pictured with Egg and Cress Canapés and Herbed Cucumber Cheese Sandwiches.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices very thin wheat bread
- 1 (4-ounce) package sliced smoked salmon
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, horseradish, and pepper, stirring well.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from bread slices. Cut each slice in half, making 2 (3×1½-inch) rectangles.
- Using a chef’s knife, cut 16 (3×1½-inch) rectangles from salmon.
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise mixture onto bread rectangles. Top each of 8 bread rectangles with 2 salmon rectangles and with another bread rectangle, mayonnaise side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!