Cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano, and mozzarella cheese create a delectable bite in Pizza Phyllo Cups. Pizza Phyllo Cups pictured with Turkey & Cranberry Chutney Tea Sandwiches, Chicken & Bacon Tea Sandwiches, and Pear & Fig Scones.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ cups diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 35 frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and mashing tomatoes with a potato masher. Transfer tomato sauce to a heatproof bowl.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and ½ tablespoon cheese into each phyllo cup. Place phyllo cups on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until cheese melts, approximately 3 minutes.
- Garnish with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!