This luscious, gluten-free panna cotta is sweetened only with pomegranate juice and maple syrup. Pictured with our Almond Crème Éclairs.
Pomegranate Panna Cottas
Serves: 9 (3.5-ounce servings)
- 1½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ cups pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Garnish: pomegranate arils and mint leaves
- Place 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream until bubbles appear around edges of pan and cream is very hot and steaming. (Do not let cream come to a boil.) Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture to hot cream, whisking well until combined. Add pomegranate juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt, stirring until combined. Transfer mixture to a liquid-measuring cup with pouring spout. Let mixture cool completely.
- Place 9 (4-ounce) bowls on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour cooled panna cotta mixture into bowls. Cover with plastic wrap, but do not let wrap touch the surface of panna cottas. Refrigerate panna cottas on baking sheet until set, approximately 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with pomegranate arils and mint leaves, if desired.