Warm Potato-Parsnip Soup is wonderful way to begin a Christmas tea.
Yield: 8 servings • Preparation: 15 minutes • Cook: 30 minutes
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 6 cups peeled and cubed golden potatoes
- 3 cups peeled and chopped parsnips
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot to butter. Cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, parsnips, and chicken broth to stockpot. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until potatoes are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, purée soup in the blender. Return to stockpot.
- Add half-and-half, coriander, salt, and white pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/