Pumpkin Pound Cake is a lovely addition to any fall meal.
Pumpkin Pound Cake
Yield: 1 (10-inch) Bundt cake • Preparation: 10 minutes • Bake: 1 hour 55 minutes • Cool: 10 minutes
Write a review
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 7 large eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Garnish: pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin puree, beating until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla, beating to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, an additional 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice. Drizzle on top of cake.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/