Crunchy Pumpkin-Seed Brittle is an autumn treat.
Yield: approximately 2 dozen pieces
Write a review
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water; stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 320˚ on an instant-read candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and stir in pumpkin seeds.
- Carefully pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Using a heatproof spatula, spread mixture out to approximately a ⅛-inch thickness. Note: Do not touch mixture; it is very hot and will burn skin. Let brittle cool for at least 30 minutes before handling.
- Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- *Brittle will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime September/October 2009