These Pumpkin-Swirl Tarts are a delightful autumn treat!
3 (6½-inch) tarts (18 servings)
- 1½ (14.1-ounce) packages refrigerated pie dough (3 sheets)
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly spray 3 (6½-inch) removable-bottom round tart pans with cooking spray. Center pie dough sheets over tart pans. Being careful not to stretch dough, lightly press dough into bottoms of tart pans, and stand dough up against sides of pans. Using a rolling pin, roll over tops of tart pans to trim excess dough. Using the large end of a chopstick, press dough into indentations in sides of tart pans. Place tart pans in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg, whisking well. Divide pumpkin mixture among prepared tart pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, flour, sugar, and whipping cream. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg, beating until incorporated.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoons randomly but evenly over pumpkin filling. Using the tip of a knife, swirl filling in a decorative pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake until mixture is set, 5 to 9 minutes. Let tarts cool completely before carefully removing from tart pans.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Using a large sharp knife, slice just before serving.
Make-Ahead Tip: Tarts can be made a day ahead, placed in a single layer in an airtight container, and refrigerated until needed.
From TeaTime September/October 2017