Rich pumpkin, cream cheese, and chocolate combine to create a decadent brownie, the perfect finishing touch to a lovely Thanksgiving tea.
Pumpkin Swirled–Cream Cheese Brownies
Yield: 16 squares • Preparation: 30 minutes • Bake: 57 to 60 minutes • Cool: 1 hour • Refrigerate: 4 hours
Write a review
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing foil edges to overhang pan to create handles. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cream cheese, pumpkin, and melted butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine chocolate morsels and salted butter. Place over a saucepan of boiling water, but do not let bottom of bowl touch water; stir until chocolate and butter melt. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, vanilla extract, and remaining ½ cup sugar, whisking well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Set aside.
- Add ¼ cup chocolate mixture to egg mixture, stirring vigorously to incorporate (to temper eggs). Add remaining chocolate mixture in thirds, stirring to incorporate. Add flour mixture, stirring to incorporate. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan, creating a smooth and level surface.
- Drop pumpkin mixture by spoonfuls onto surface of chocolate mixture. Drag a knife through batter to create a swirled pattern.
- Bake until brownie is slightly puffed and set, 57 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover, and refrigerate until well chilled, approximately 4 hours. Remove from pan by lifting foil handles. Peel foil from bottom of brownie.
- Using a long sharp knife, pressing downward, trim side of brownie. Score surface of brownie, and cut into 16 squares.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/