Diced radish not only adds flavor to the goat cheese filling, its pink skin also adds bits of color. For added flavor and visual interest, we recommend using a combination of thin-sliced breads—like white and wheat.
- 6 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons diced red radish
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices thin white bread, frozen
- 4 slices thin wheat bread, frozen
- In a medium bowl, stir together goat cheese, radish, celery, parsley, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper until well combined. Spread 1½ tablespoons goat cheese mixture each onto 4 frozen white bread slices and 4 frozen wheat bread slices. With goat cheese sides up, stack a wheat bread slice on top of a white bread slice. Top with a plain frozen white bread slice to create a triple-stack sandwich. Repeat with remaining bread slices to make a total of 4 triple-stack sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife, in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 rectangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!