A flavorful butter laced with dill, basil, parsley, and a hint of lemon pairs well with the bright flavor and texture of a thin layer of radishes in these tea sandwiches. Pictured with Chilled Crab Salad Sandwiches.
Radish & Herbed Butter Sandwiches
Serves: Makes 12
- 12 slices firm white sandwich bread, frozen
- 1 to 2 bunches multicolor radishes with green tops
- ¼ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: radish microgreens*
- Using a 1½-inch fluted round cutter, cut 24 rounds from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. To prevent bread from drying out during thawing and assembly, cover with damp paper towels, or store in a resealable plastic bag.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off and discard green tops and roots from radishes. Using a sharp knife or a mandoline, cut 24 very thin slices from radishes, discarding small end slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, dill, basil, parsley, and lemon juice until combined.
- Using an offset spatula, spread an even layer of butter mixture onto 24 bread rounds. Place 2 radish slices on butter side of each of 12 bread rounds. Top with remaining bread rounds, butter side down. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for up to an hour before serving.
- Just before serving, garnish with radish microgreens, if desired.
* We used Micro Radish Mix from Gourmet Sweet Botanicals, 800-931-7530, gourmetsweetbotanicals.com.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!