These Radish-Dill Canapés are a perfect addition to your spring tea menus.
Yield: 12 canapés • Preparation: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 6 slices very thin wheat bread, such as Pepperidge Farm
- 6 radishes
- Garnish: fine sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine butter and dill, stirring until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, trim crusts from bread slices to make 3¼-inch squares. Cut each square in half to make 2 rectangles. Cover with damp paper towels to prevent drying out, or store in a resealable plastic bag.
- Using a mandoline or a very sharp paring knife, cut radishes into paper-thin slices.
- Spread each bread slice evenly with dill butter. Lay radish slices in a shingled fashion on top of butter. Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with fine sea salt.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Dill butter can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until needed. Let come to room temperature before using. Bread fingers can be made a day in advance and stored in a resealable plastic bag. Canapés can be assembled an hour in advance and covered with damp paper towels. Sprinkle with salt just before serving.