Packed full of spices and fruit, Raisin Bread is a delicious treat at teatime.
Yield: 1 loaf
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dark raisins
- ½ cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9-X-5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In small bowl, combine milk, melted butter, and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in raisins and dates.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime September/October 2006
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!