Serve these delectable Raspberry-Blueberry Drop Scones with Clotted Cream and Raspberry Jam.
Raspberry-Blueberry Drop Scones
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add blueberries and raspberries, tossing to coat with flour.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine cream and almond extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Using a levered ¼-cup scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
Recommended Condiments: Clotted Cream, Raspberry Jam