Serve these tasty Raspberry–Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches as a delicious savory for a children’s afternoon tea. Raspberry–Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches pictured with Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwiches and Mini Cheese Pizzas.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 slices white sandwich bread, frozen
- Garnish: 9 halved fresh raspberries and 18 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium-low speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in heavy cream, chopped mint, and vanilla extract at low speed until combined, approximately 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip (Ateco #804).
- Using a 2¼-inch snowflake-shaped cutter, cut 36 shapes from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. Arrange bread shapes on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until bread shapes are lightly toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Spread ½ tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto each of 18 bread shapes. Top each with a remaining bread shape.
- Garnish each sandwich with a raspberry half and a mint leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!