Makes approximately 30
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed freeze-dried raspberries*, divided
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and vanilla extract with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Gradually add flour, beating until combined. Gently stir in 1 tablespoon crushed raspberries. Shape dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a ¼-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of parchment. Using a 1½ -inch fluted square cutter, cut as many cookies as possible from dough, rerolling scraps as desired. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake until edges of cookies are lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes. Immediately sprinkle cookies with remaining 1 tablespoon crushed raspberries. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
*To crush freeze-dried raspberries, place approximately ¼ cup whole freeze-dried raspberries in a resealable plastic bag, and lightly pound using a rolling pin.