Serves: approximately 30
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed freeze-dried raspberries*, divided
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and vanilla extract with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Gradually add flour, beating until combined. Gently stir in 1 tablespoon crushed raspberries. Shape dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a ¼-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of parchment. Using a 1½-inch fluted square cutter, cut as many cookies as possible from dough, rerolling scraps as desired. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake until edges of cookies are lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes. Immediately sprinkle cookies with remaining 1 tablespoon crushed raspberries. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!