A savory spread of blue cheese and roasted red peppers adds flavor to these Roast Beef Finger Sandwiches.
Red Pepper-Blue Cheese Roast Beef Finger Sandwiches
Yield: 15 finger sandwiches • Preparation: 25 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup finely chopped roasted red pepper, divided
- 10 slices white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Style
- 15 thin slices deli roast beef
- Garnish: 15 blanched long fresh chives and 1 tablespoon finely chopped roasted red pepper
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and cream. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add blue cheese and roasted red pepper, stirring until incorporated. Set aside.
- Using a serrated bread knife, trim crusts from all sides of bread slices. Cut each slice into 3 rectangles, approximately 3 x 1½ inches.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice. Ruffle a slice of roast beef on top of half of bread slices. Top with another bread slice, cream cheese side down.
- Garnish each sandwich by tying a blanched chive around it and topping with a piece of red pepper.
- • Cream cheese spread can be made a day ahead and refrigerated in a covered container. Let come to room temperature before spreading. Sandwiches can be assembled earlier in the day, covered with damp paper towels, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated. Garnish before serving.
- • When trimming crusts from finger sandwiches and canapés, save the bread scraps to make bread crumbs. Just pulse them in a food processor, and then store in the freezer.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/