These Reuben Swirls are packed with the flavors of Russian Dressing, corned beef and swiss cheese. Pictured with Butternut Squash Tartlets.
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), slightly thawed
- 1 recipe Russian Dressing (recipe follows)
- 4 large thin slices corned beef
- 4 large thin slices Swiss cheese
- ½ cup well drained sauerkraut
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll slightly to flatten and make pliable.
- Spread 2 tablespoons Russian Dressing onto puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border around edge. Top with corned beef slices and cheese within 1-inch border. Sprinkle sauerkraut evenly over cheese.
- Starting at a short end, roll up pastry firmly and evenly to form a cylinder. Using a serrated knife, cut into ½-inch slices. Place slices on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisking to blend. Brush over tops of pastries.
- Bake until light golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with additional dressing, if desired.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce*
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle relish, and pepper, stirring to blend. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- *We used Heinz Chili Sauce.
From TeaTime, September/October 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!