Roast Beef, Horseradish, and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches pictured with Olive & English Cheddar Tea Sandwiches.
Roast Beef, Horseradish, and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices marbled rye bread
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli London port roast beef
- Using a sharp knife, cut cucumber into 3-inch-long pieces. Using a mandoline, slice cucumber pieces horizontally into long strips. Place cucumber slices in a single layer on paper towels until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper. Spread mixture onto one side of each bread slice. Layer cucumber slices to a ⅛-inch thickness on spread side of 3 bread slices. Shingle roast beef slices on top of cucumber to a ¼-inch thickness. Cover with remaining bread slices, spread side down, to make 3 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 4 (3×1-inch) rectangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!