Delicate and decadent tea savories are made simple with these Roast Pork Salad Mini Phyllo Cups.
Roast Pork Salad Mini Phyllo Cups
Write a review
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 24 mini phyllo cups, such as Athens
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place pork tenderloin on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of tenderloin registers 145°, approximately 25 minutes. (Pork will be pink inside; cook longer for well done.) Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut tenderloin into ½-inch slices. Cut each slice lengthwise into ¼-inch pieces, then cut crosswise into ¼-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, and salt. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast until mushrooms are tender and release their juices, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Chop mushrooms very finely.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped pork, chopped mushrooms, mayonnaise, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, stirring to blend. Fill each phyllo cup with pork salad.
- Garnish each phyllo cup with a thyme sprig, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Pork salad can be made a day in advance, covered, and refrigerated until needed.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/