Fresh Brussels sprouts, red onion, and a delicious Brie spread combine to create tasty Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Red Onion Bites. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Red Onion Bites pictured with Radish–Goat Cheese Canapés and Salmon Mousse Bites.
- 1½ cups fresh Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Brie spread*
- 12 (1½-inch) squares thin whole wheat bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, 1 tablespoon oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and pepper until coated. Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, vinegar, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; sauté until onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon Brie spread onto each bread square. Top with Brussels sprouts and sautéed onion. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!