The warm flavors of roasted pepper pair well with goat cheese and basil in this delicious tea sandwich.
Roasted Pepper Compote Tartine with Goat Cheese
Write a review
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 Fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonnade
- 1 Boule of sourdough bread, cut into thin slices
- Goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Place peppers in oven-safe dish and rub with 1/4 cup virgin olive oil. Cover with foil and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove peppers. When slightly cooled and manageable, remove outer skin. Skin will be blistered and should come off easily. Remove seed pod and all seeds from peppers. Dice peppers and place in mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add remaining olive oil and sherry vinegar and toss to mix. A small amount of the chiffonnade basil may be added at this point. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place sliced sourdough in oven and toast 3-5 minutes, just enough to crisp bread a little.
- When bread is done, spread goat cheese on bread and spoon roasted peppers on top. Garnish with remaining chiffonnade of basil and serve.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/